firstname.lastname@example.org • @mirandakatz
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT
Major: Anthropology; writing certificate
High honors; Phi Beta Kappa
- The Brearley School, New York, NY
- Digital Producer, WIRED. 1/2018-present.
- Associate Editor, Backchannel. 7/2016-present.
• One-woman production team for Backchannel (a weekly digital magazine hosted on Wired.com), shepherding stories through contracting, copy editing, art/photo research and commissioning, fact-checking, CMS wrangling, and promotion.
• Managed newsletter and all social media accounts.
• Wrote mid- to feature-length stories on digital culture and the future of work.
• Previously Backchannel’s editorial associate (7/2016-7/2017).
- Staff Writer, Gothamist. 9/2015-7/2016.
• Identified, pitched, and wrote stories for New York City news blog.
• Regularly covered City Hall hearings, community board meetings, and protests.
- Per Diem Assistant Producer, WNYC’s Note to Self podcast. 9/2015-2/2016.
• Assisted with research and production for “the tech podcast about being human.”
• Wrote content for web and assist with audience engagement.
• Worked on launch of “Infomagical” listener engagement project (2/2016).
• Previously intern (fall 2015).
- Fact Checker, The Nation. 6/2015-9/2015.
• Fact checked content for print and web.
• Assisted editors and writers with research.
• Copy edited and produced posts for web.
• Wrote occasional pieces for web.
- InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Copilot, WordPress, Movable Type Pro, Joomla!, SAS, iMovie, Microsoft Office, HTML, CSS, Peoplesoft, Socialflow, Crowdtangle, Trello, Mailchimp.
- Photography (film, digital)
- German (intermediate)